Practice Management (PM)
Managing Patient Information Seamlessly and Efficiently
Xcite Health’s revolutionary medical practice management tools will boost the productivity of your practice and enhance the patient’s experience. Xcite Health’s cloud-based practice management system helps you take care of the patient, while supporting your business from end-to-end. When a practice is managed efficiently, the end result is more revenue and a higher patient retention rate. From registration to submitting claims and financial reporting, Xcite Health delivers a practice management solution to make your medical practice a highly successful business entity.
It’s a breeze. New patients can be fully registered in under 5 minutes using only two screens. The registration application collects over 130 unique data elements, including all of the required data for correct patient and third-party billing. It also manages any number of insurance plans for a patient, and tracks eligibility. Patient account set-up and transfers, plus a robust document management system, are included. Communicating with patients has never been easier. The processing of referrals and authorizations are based on the HIPAA-compliant Healthcare Services Review.
Features and Benefits
- Eliminate duplicate files. The patient locator helps staff search for patient files by using 10 different values, including names, DOB, and social security numbers.
- Speed up patient registration. 80% of all patients can be registered with one screen, for faster service and processing. The system then sets up accounts automatically.
- Manage account set-up and transfers. Easily control family billing by assigning the account to the responsible party.
- Track insurance coverage, and keep a historical record. Collect primary, secondary, or tertiary insurance, workers comp, personal injury case, or COBRA information from patient; the system then stores the verification data.
- Patient content stores the photo ID and other multi-media files for patients, including scanned documents like the assignment of benefits and medical release authorizations.
- Assign patients a primary care provider and keep a record of preferred pharmacy for prescription refills and call-ins.
- Pre-certify or authorize services and write referrals for any patient. The system defines specific services and their costs, and allows you to bill any insurance provider.
- Create reports for patient lists, chart information, and more.
The scheduling application supports multi-facility, integrated delivery of services for out-patient care. Xcite Health’s schedule interacts with the episode of care and order sets to efficiently track personnel schedules and appointments. Practice managers and physicians can create patient appointments and manage them with smart algorithms for best availability by user-defined criteria. The application also tracks re-schedules and no-shows.
Features and Benefits
- Offers a visual calendar with day, week and monthly views, as well as a variety of other schedule list views including a provider-centric option for all appointments by date, and a patient view, to easily locate multiple appointments.
- Begins appointments with a care episode for longitudinal tracking through all applications and transactions including clinical, encounters, and billing.
- Stores patient appointments with an iterative history to track no-shows and cancellations in addition to “dwell” time.
- Services patients quickly with automatic rescheduling features to manage personnel and resource changes. Tracks recalls and confirmations.
- Customized service events support provider preferences for location of service in the facility, down to specific rooms, and allocation of time-slots, patient instructions.
- Provider-based views allow users to see online listings of a provider’s patient schedule, by location and date, and use those appointments to access encounter data as a work list. Waiting lists are easy to find.
- Tracks staff by type, location, or time scheduled.
- Allows users to create templates for any department or for specific resources, such as providers and nurses.
The billing system effectively manages patient and third-party billing for ambulatory and out-patient services. Encounter processing initiates edits and checks to make sure the claims are clean. Automated rates and service templates make data entry easy with reduced clicks. Third-party billing includes electronic claims, printed HCFA, and patient billing with customized statements. In addition, the billing system creates detailed audit trails, supporting denials, and resubmissions, and claims follow-up with diary notes. Both in-house and outsourced patient statement printing are compatible.
Features and Benefits
- Encounter processing activates Provider Contract rules, provides warnings for missing referrals or authorizations, checks patient eligibility, and calculates co-pays based on patient plans.
- Contract management provides rates, detailed service processing that incorporates exclusions, calculated expected payments, payer edits and coding compliance.
- Electronic billing process is HIPAA-compliant with 837 5010 file formats.
- Patient statements are generated monthly based on start dates. Creates files for outsource printing, easily adjusted to custom stock paper. Creates an on-line statement viewable to patients in the Patient Portal.
- System produces an audit trail for claims by EDI file to send directly to the carrier, or any clearing house. XCite’s EDI partner is EMDEON.
- The system processes denials by code, automated resubmissions, or pends for documentation.
- Generates complete online view of Patient Statements, 30, 60, 90, 120+ aging.
- Simplifies fee schedule management, online help for coding, ICD9-10, CPT, and other standard codes.
- Creates monthly close-out for accounting totals, by facility and provider.
Patient Accounts Receivable (A/R)
The patient accounts receivable system simplifies the payment process from receipt posting and line-item allocations, to accounts aging and collections processing. Xcite Health provides batch posting by facility, with a daily close and reconciliation to bank statements. There is a detailed EOR posting, managed care adjustments, payment codes and support of custom codes. The system makes account reviews and customer support simple by having patient account history and statements online in the Patient Portal.
Features and Benefits
- Provides options for single or family billing, and group invoices by responsible party. The system also has options to stop undeliverable statements, send an account to collections, and to create a log of notes for account work and patient communications.
- Shows a complete account history, including all payments, transactions, and services on the account.
- Processes refunds by request and approval.
- Posts receipts in groups and by location to track the breakdown of cash, credit cards, and checks for a full audit trail.
- Helps balance the drawer with a daily close-out. All incoming receipts are posted with the original information for each facility to create deposit records for bank statement reconciliation.
- Supports true line item posting and keeps a detailed history of each amount applied, tracking all payments and adjustments, managed care adjustments, and partial payments. Track unallocated receipts.
- Provides reverse adjustments and payments to easily correct errors when needed.
For more information about our cloud-based, integrated EHR + PM Platform, contact Xcite Health at (800) 924-8344.
Xcite Health has a real-time view of office activity which powers the...
Every day is another chance to make choices which can help you...
Practices grow mainly by referral. Quality care and low waiting times ensure...